Wake up at 12 am and 2 am, ask Ma for water.
Wake up at 7 am and emerge from crate, shaking and jingling tags. Be ignored and roll over on your side for another hour of sleep.
Go for a morning walk w/Da, come back and sleep next to Ma until she wakes up, then go watch TV.
~ ~ ~
This morning, Da was running late so I offered to do his morning walk. This was, apparently, the worst idea in the history of ideas, made worse when we came back to see Da leaving for work.
He staged a twenty minute protest.
1. Refused to come inside as he stared longingly after his Da for 3 minutes.
2. He got on the elevator, then immediately ran off it.
3. We’ve been practicing “place”; he’s supposed to come to the door and turn around in front of it, standing to let me wipe his paws. He took advantage of the freedom he’s given (I don’t hold his leash) to RUN back to the elevator.
4. He stood by the elevator and refused to come back, digging his heels in when I picked up his leash.
5. Then sat down in protest.
6. Finally got him back to the door and we ended up halfway across the hall nearly in front of the neighbor’s because instead of standing for his paw wipes, he sat down, ignoring me, then kept trying to creep back down the hall while I was wiping each paw.
I wasn’t a very effective disciplinarian, laughing at him at each point, when he’d make that sad face at me: I know he’s that way, Ma! Let’s go get him, Ma!